Bay Windows vs Bow Windows
While at first glance bay and bow windows might look quite similar, the two types of styles actually have several differences between them. Budget Exteriors installs both types of windows and our team of expert installers are ready to speak with you about what option you think is best for your home. When deciding between bay and bow windows, here are some pointers to consider:
- One of the most differentiating characteristics between the two styles of windows is that a bay window has three windows within it, whereas a bow window typically has four or five.
- The overall structure and shape of the two styles differ, as well. The three windows on a bay window are arranged with a larger window in the center and two smaller windows on either side of it. The bow window has four or five evenly-sized windows extending outward in a smaller curved fashion.
- The structure of a bay window allows it to extend further outward than a bow window.
- Because bow windows have more panels than bay windows, they typically allow more light in.
- If you want to get creative with your window replacement, bay windows are able to be decorated with bay window roofs. They are an excellent choice if you desire the option to customize and enhance the curb appeal of your home.
The decision between a bay window replacement or bow window replacement depends on a variety of factors including available window space, your budget, and your personal preference. At Budget Exteriors, we are experienced in bay window installation as well as bow window installation. We can help you with any questions you may have when deciding between which window you think fits best in your home.
Contact Budget Exteriors to Install Your Bay and Bow Windows
Elegant and timeless, bay and bow windows are the ideal choice for homeowners who want to boost their home's curb appeal and bring an overall advancement in comfort to a room. Put your bay and bow window installation needs into the hands of Budget Exteriors’ team of experts. We use high-quality products and follow a thorough installation process to ensure your windows are sufficient and secure. Call us at 952-887-1613 to get started with a free estimate today.