How to Find Your Ideal Roofing Contractor
It can start small. One day, you’re just sitting in your living room sipping on a cup of coffee while watching the morning news and listening to a cool autumn rain just outside the window. You might notice a little wet spot on the ceiling or perhaps even a small drip.
Unfortunately, small problems inside your home indicate big problems with your roof. By the time you’re seeing visible signs of roof leaks inside your home, you’ve most likely got serious water infiltration that’s only going to worsen.
To save yourself more trouble down the road, you need to call a contractor fast, but how do you choose one? In this post from Budget Exteriors in Minnesota, we’re breaking down what you need to know to be sure you’ve found the right roofing contractor for your home. Give us a call to schedule your Twin Cities roof repair services today!
Types of Roofing Contractors
These days, it’s all too easy to pop over to Google or Facebook and type in “Minnesota residential roofers.” But just because their name comes up on a simple web search doesn’t mean they’re an experienced contractor you should entrust with something as important as your home.
Most roofing contractors can either be categorized as a professional roofing company or an independent contractor. When you hire an independent contractor, you have to be especially careful. And unfortunately, telling the good contractors from the shady ones can be a little tricky when anyone can create a Facebook page and purchase an ad.
Make sure anyone you plan to hire has the following credentials:
● They have experience with your roof style and pitch.
● They’re licensed to work in your area.
● They’re bonded and carry insurance.
● They’re willing to give you an estimate.
● You can check out reviews and examples of their past projects.
For best results, schedule a consult and use this checklist to find out if they’re the right roofer for your home:
1. What type of experience do you have working with homeowners’ insurance claims?
2. What products do you install and which manufacturers do you partner with?
3. Are your partner products warrantied?
4. Do you offer a warranty on craftsmanship?
5. Do you charge for estimates and onsite inspections?
6. How do you manage waste from old roofing materials? Do you recycle or dispose of them? If so, will there be a disposal fee?
7. What measures will you take to protect my home and landscape?
8. What types of licenses and certifications do you have?
9. How do you handle project management and scheduling?
10. How does rain or inclement weather affect your work schedule?
11. What type of timeline can I expect for my project?
12. What financing options are available?
13. What is your billing process like?
14. What types of payments do you accept?
At Budget Exteriors, we’re licensed, experienced roofers serving the seven-county metro area. To schedule your roof repair or replacement services, give us a call at 952.887.1613 or contact us online and get your free quote today.